Camping out under a starry sky, in the middle of a tropical lowland rainforest is a great way to enjoy the nature. It is a unique opportunity to experience the mystery, comradeship, and adventure of an expedition into a primeval tropical environment. It is an invitation to the unexpected, a chance to accomplish something very exciting, and explore strengths you never knew you had. The appeal of going through those great experiences took me to the Amazon rainforest of Brazil’s most northeastern state. First, let’s learn some facts about Amazon rainforest.
- The Amazon rainforest or the Amazon Jungle, is a moist broadleaf forest that covers most of the Amazon basin of South America
- The name Amazon is said to arise from a war Francisco de Orellana fought with the Tapuyas and other tribes
- The women of the tribe fought alongside the men, as was their custom
- Orellana derived the name Amazonas
- One in ten known species in the world lives in the Amazon rainforest
- This constitutes the largest collection of living plants and animal species in the world
- The Amazons of Greek mythology, described by Herodotus and Diodorus